Care and Air
It's easy to maintain New Way Porous Media™ air bearings. Here are just a few simple guidelines for keeping them clean, and instructions for the use of only Clean Dry Air (CDA).
Industry Body of Knowledge
As our industry has grown, so has the body of knowledge that sustains it. This portion of the web site is dedicated to providing technical reports by the industry's giants, as well as biographies of some of our heroes.
New Way Technical Reports
This area of the site is dedicated to the scholarly research done by New Way Chief Technology Officer Drew Devitt, and his team of Research and Development Engineers. Here you'll find White Papers on a variety of subjects relating to porous media air bearing technology.
- Technical Report 1 – Orifice vs. Porous Media Air Bearings
- Technical Report 2 – Vacuum Preloaded X-Y Stage
- Technical Report 3 – The Application of Damped Air Bearings for Machine Tools
- Technical Report 4 – An Investigation Into Hydrostatic Slide Units
- Technical Report 5 – Vacuum Chamber Stage
- Technical Report 6 – Air Bearings for High-Power Turbomachinery
- Technical Report 7 – Experimental Assessment of Drag and Rotordynamic Response for a Porous Type Gas Bearing
- Technical Report 8 – Analytical Modelling and Closed Form Solutions for Porous Gas Bearing Kinematics
- Technical Report 9 – Crash Resistance in Precision Systems
Published White Papers
Please take some time to review our whitepapers, printed in multiple publications, that outline in detail the benefits and proven applications of our technology.
Something else you'd like to know about air bearings? You just may find it here. Tech Links offer a glossary of terms, conversions, standards, on-line reference centers and an array of industry resources.